[AfriNIC-announce] Comments received on new Bylaws proposal

Adiel Akplogan adiel at afrinic.net
Tue Jul 31 23:52:16 SAST 2012

Dear colleagues,

I would like to thank you all for your contribution to the review
of our Bylaws. This exercise being an important step in AFRINIC
structural growth and sustainability, all your comments and inputs
will be carefully considered by the review committee and the Board.

During the comment period we have received 63 distinct contributions
ranging from editorial to structural comments.

A consolidated list of all the comments received are now published
online at:

http://www.afrinic.net/index.php/en/about-us/our-structure/bylaws/comments

The next steps are defined as followed:

Till 15 August: Review of comments by the board along with legal
assessment.

3 September 2012: Publication of a new draft of the bylaws for comment.

3-18 September: Last comment Period. The Community will be encouraged
to provide its last comments on the pre-final version before Board
final review and approval.

22 September: Publication of last comments received

22-30 September: Last review by the Board and legal counsel

08 October: Board to adopt the new Bylaws during it formal meeting.

Thank you for your cooperation and support to this activity.

Kind regards.