[AfriNIC-announce] Successful Conclusion of AfriNIC Training in Cape Town - South Africa

Mukom Akong T. tamon at afrinic.net
Thu Jun 28 04:53:22 SAST 2012

Dear colleagues,

AFRINIC just concluded a four (4) day training workshop in Cape Town - South Africa. The training workshop ran from the 18 - 21 June 2012 at The Bandwidth Barn, 125 Buitengracht Street.

Led by by Mukom Akong T. and Nishal D. Goburdhan of AFRINIC Ltd, the workshop was attended by 30 network engineers, systems administrators and IT Managers drawn from the telecommunications and Internet service organisations as well as  government agencies and universities.

Some of the highlights of the workshop are as follows:

[+] Planning for, requesting and managing IP number resources.

[+] The limitations of NAT as a sustainable solution to the problem of IPv4 address exhaustion.

[+] IPv6 concepts from addressing, address planning, routing and transition techniques

[+] Hands-on lab exercises (host configuration, routing and transition techniques)

We wish to extend our appreciation to ISOC South Africa and Vanilla Networks - Cape Town,  for hosting this workshop and making it a success.

Right on the heels of the Cape Town workshop, AfriNIC also had a one day working session with the South African IPv6 Task Force in Pretoria (25th June) - primarily focusing on IPv6 Strategy and Planning workshop. We wish to thank the South African Department of Communications for hosting this session.

Warm Regards.
@AFRINICtraining

Mukom Akong T.							|  tel: +230 403 5118
Member Training Manager                      		|  fax: +230 466 6758
AFRINIC Ltd  (www.afrinic.net)    			        |  sip:  mukom at voip.afrinic.net

Join us at AFRINIC-17 for our Public Policy Meeting in Khartoum, Sudan, on 24 – 30 November 2012