[AfriNIC-announce] Nominations call for the PDWG Co-Chair
Ernest - (AfriNIC)
ernest at afrinic.net
Fri Apr 13 08:18:59 SAST 2012
We are seeking nominations for 1 Co-Chair of the Policy Development
Working Group (PDWG) for a 1-year term.
The PDWG is a group of volunteers selected by the community as per
the current Policy Development Process (PDP) whose responsibilities
are as follows:
1. Creating reports (summaries) of mailing list discussions in
preparation for face to face meetings.
2. Chairing the meeting sessions and declaring consensus.
3. Creating post-meeting policy report and posting to the mailing list.
4. Sending notifications of Last Call and evaluating consensus or
5. Writing report to the board to recommend ratification of policy
proposals that gained consensus
6. Evaluating emergencies that necessitate varying the normal policy
Nominated candidates must be from the AfriNIC community and cannot
be AfriNIC staff.
Candidates can be nominated by any one, excluding AfriNIC or other
RIR staff, and must permanently reside in a country within the
AfriNIC service region.
To nominate a candidate, please send an email to the Nominations and
Election Committees (nomcom2012 at afrinic.net) with the following
(a) Information of the Nominee:
* Nominee (Full Name):
* organization name (or Affiliation):
* E-mail address:
* Postal/Physical address:
* Phone number:
* Country of residence:
* Brief Bio with a highlight of how the Nominee intends to
contribute to the PDWG in particular and the Region's Policy
Development Process (PDP) in General (not more than 500 words):
(b) Information of the Nominator:
* Nominator’s Name:
* E-mail address:
* Motivation for nomination:
If self-nominated, please indicate "self" in section (b) above.
You can find out more about the AfriNIC Policy Development Process at:
You can find out more about the AfriNIC Election Process at:
The nomination deadline is 24th April 2012 12:00 UTC.
Ernest (on behalf of the Nominations Committee)
More information about the announce