[AfriNIC-announce] Call for volunteers: AfriNIC NomCom2012
adiel at afrinic.net
Fri Feb 3 13:30:52 SAST 2012
This year, AfriNIC will run several Elections and according to our
usual process, a Nomination & Election committee appointed by the
board must supervise these elections. The committee will be composed
* 1 member appointed from a non-open seat of the current Board.
* 3 members appointed from the community. They must not be from a
sub-region that is open for renewal.
To fill the positions reserved for the community in its 2012
Nominations & Elections committee, AfriNIC is seeking three (3)
The two seats open for re-election on the Board in 2012 are:
+ Seat 5 (Southern Africa)
+ Seat 6 (East Africa)
The NomCom’s responsibilities during its mandate include:
* Conduct, moderate and coordinate the election process for all
elections planned for 2012 (Board, Policy WG Chairs and NRO-NC).
* Call for for election nominations.
* Evaluate the Nominated Candidates
* Propose the final list of nominees for comments from the community.
* Collect and evaluate received comments.
* Supervise the election and counting of the votes.
* Announce the final results of the election.
The NomCom members will elect a Chair who will be the focal point
between the committee, the AfriNIC community and the Board of
Directors where needed.
AfriNIC staff will provide logistical support to the NomCom throughout
their mandate. Such support includes compilation and publication of
nominees, compilation of comments, mailing list moderation, web site
update, communication with nominees and several other duties.
The NomCom members are expected to be:
* Neutral: Have no interest in the results of the elections.
* Trusted members of the AfriNIC community.
* Willing to serve as a member in the Nomination committee and do their
best to fulfill their responsibilities without financial remuneration.
If you are interested in serving in the 2012 NomCom, please send an
expression of interest, including a short biography by email to
members-contact at afrinic.net before February 13 at 18:00 UTC.
For more information about AfriNIC, please visit http://www.afrinic.net
or contact us at contact at afrinic.net.
Adiel A. Akplogan Tel. +230 403 51 00
Chief Executive Officer, AfriNIC Fax: +230 466 67 58
adiel at afrinic.net - www.afrinic.net sip: adiel at voip.afrinic.net
More information about the announce