[AfriNIC-announce] outage of AfriNIC services

Hari Kurup kurup at afrinic.net
Sun Dec 7 12:54:15 SAST 2008

Dear all,

Please be informed that last night (Saturday 6th Dec) we experienced an
outage of service at our POP in Johannesburg, South Africa. Due to a
severe thunderstorm, lightening struck the power feeds to our provider's
colo facility which also affected their emergency backup power system.

All services have been restored but we are currently monitoring for any
instability and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

If you have any questions please send an email to <sysadmin at afrinic.net>

Regards,
Hari
AfriNIC