[afrinic-discuss] Re: Afrinic and the reverse delegation

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Wed Apr 13 11:36:15 SAST 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 11:24:38AM +0300,
 McTim <dogwallah at gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 48 lines which said:

> Ernest was correct, the reverse delegation process looks at the
> mntner on the inetnum, and if no mnt-domains, it then reverts to the
> mnt-lower.  In the abscence of mnt-lower, it looks @ mnt-by of
> inetnum.  You also have to pass the mntner on the domain object
> (which is non-existent in this case).

This is not what I observed (inetnum 217.64.96.0 - 217.64.96.255 is
still protected by AFRINIC-LOCKED-MNT and I was nevertheless able to
create 96.64.217.in-addr.arpa anonymously). You can try by yourself.

> Dig says "non-existent domain":

No longer, a robot probably created it.

> 1. make sure your ns is auth for the zone

It was not tested before the delegation (one of the name servers is
lame but it prevented nothing).