[afrinic-discuss] Afrinic and the reverse delegation

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 18:08:26 SAST 2005

Hi Stephane,

whois -h whois.afrinic.net -t domain ?

You can always use the web as well:

http://www.afrinic.net/cgi-bin/whois gives:

% This is the AfriNIC Whois server.

domain:         [mandatory]  [single]     [primary/look-up key]
descr:          [mandatory]  [multiple]   [ ]
org:            [optional]   [multiple]   [inverse key]
admin-c:        [mandatory]  [multiple]   [inverse key]
tech-c:         [mandatory]  [multiple]   [inverse key]
zone-c:         [mandatory]  [multiple]   [inverse key]
nserver:        [optional]   [multiple]   [inverse key]
sub-dom:        [optional]   [multiple]   [inverse key]
dom-net:        [optional]   [multiple]   [ ]
remarks:        [optional]   [multiple]   [ ]
notify:         [optional]   [multiple]   [inverse key]
mnt-by:         [optional]   [multiple]   [inverse key]
mnt-lower:      [optional]   [multiple]   [inverse key]
refer:          [optional]   [single]     [ ]
changed:        [mandatory]  [multiple]   [ ]
source:         [mandatory]  [single]     [ ]

I believe the procedure is the same as RIPE DB  (hierarchical auth
rules apply).  Apparently the one diff is that domain object creation
is no guarantee of successful reverse (use DiG later to check on DNS
entry creation).

Of course, you need to have a person object to use as admin, etc.

Cheers,

Cheers,

McTim
nic-hdl:      TMCG