[afrinic-discuss] AfriNIC goes live!

Gregory Massel gregm at datapro.co.za
Thu Feb 24 12:01:08 SAST 2005

> Congratulations on all the good work.   Can we have an official press
> release that we can have everyone distribute in their respective home
> countries to make sure that this gets it's maximum exposure.
>
> We need to get out of the techie community into the common language to
> make
> it headline news.

I would like to extend congratulations as well. This is a significant
milestone.

I have to agree with Badru about the press release.

As an existing ARIN LIR who was transferred, I have to say that I've
received a fair amount of correspondence from ARIN and almost none from
AfriNIC. ARIN have been excellent at explaining what is going on, and it is
this communication that has kept me in the loop as to what is happening.

I think it is extremely important that the LIRs (and potential LIRs) see a
press release from AfriNIC to assure them that AfriNIC is on the ball as
well and to inspire confidence in and awareness of the resource transfer
process.

--Greg