[AISPC] Draft agenda

Alan Barrett alan.barrett at afrinic.net
Fri May 5 05:54:20 UTC 2017

> On 5 May 2017, at 09:35, Douglas Onyango <ondouglas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Alan,
> Comments:
> 1. I like the logical grouping of related presentations.
> 2. I notice that on 30th, you decided to go into Rm 3 only for the last session, when Rm 2 is empty at the same time. Is there some reason for this?

“Side room 1” (what you call “Rm 2”) is actually busy all day for a workshop on measurements.  We haven’t showed the time accurately.

> 3. On 02/06, I notice that we have engaged Rm 4 for a lonely set of presentations. Splitting up to 4 will mean some sessions will have little or no attendees. Anyway we can adjust this to make it fit in 3 rooms? say move it to 30/05 where we have Rm 1 & 2 available

All rooms are full on Tuesday 30 May.  They are used by sessions that the PC was not asked to review.

> 4. To make for proper panel discussion, it is necessary for us to re-orient some speakers, away from the presentation format. Take the Internet shutdown session for instance: I would much prefer that the speakers are told to not present but discuss the topic interactively.

Yes, we are contacting the presenters who wanted to talk about shutdowns, and we’ll have a panel instead of separate presentations.  We will probably let them make a short presentation during the panel.

> 5. And unrelated: I am happy to volunteer to moderate a session if Ashil needs some people to help.

Thank you.

Alan Barrett