[AISPC] Programme

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sun Feb 17 12:28:04 SAST 2013

On Sunday, February 17, 2013 08:09:26 AM Douglas Onyango
wrote:

> 1. Based on mine, Hisham's and Noah's input, a CfP for
> the none technical stuff be drafted.
> 2. We allow 20th as the deadline for getting a final CfP
> for AIS 3. On 21st we send the CfP out with the
> following dates:-
>
> Call for Papers Opens           21 February 2013
> First Draft Program Published   21  March 2013
> Final Deadline for Submissions  29 April 2013
> Final Program Published         6 May 2013
> Final Slides Received           13 May 2013

I'm happy with that.

However, are going to send out a joint CfP? Be advised that
the AfNOG CfP has been out for a while now, but just hasn't
been publicized on the mailing list.

If it's a joint CfP, the dates would need to be updated for
the AfNOG one to match the non-technical one.

> My query on who is driving this discussion is a question
> that remains unanswered. I initially thought George from
> AfriNIC, but I could have been mistaken. Perhaps if
> George doesn't return to the discussion soon we should
> think of another way to steer things, or this 8 axle
> truck will keep at this same location.

This is normally where the PC co-chairs come in.

For AfNOG, these have been Noah and Chim. However, I don't
believe we've established this structure for AIS yet (or if
it has, it's not yet clear).

Mark.