[AISPC] Programme

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Sat Feb 16 16:34:47 SAST 2013

On Saturday, February 16, 2013 12:44:27 PM Douglas Onyango
wrote:

> Now to the CfP issue: I think we should send it out asap,
> because of time: CfP and a finalized programme are not
> completely dependent on each other, we can run the two
> in parallel. We only have to  agree thematically, then
> the other pieces we can fill in as we go.
>
> Also, if we find out we missed a particular topic on the
> CfP, we can just directly reachout to subject matter
> experts with a CfP.

Yes.

The CfP and program publishing are two separate things. But
in order to get papers, we need the CfP out.

I'm okay to send a single CfP, provided it be done soon. The
traditional AfNOG CfP, which covers engineering topics, is
good enough for that piece. For those who missed the link
the last time, that CfP is here:

	http://www.afnog.org/cfp.php

This went up late last year, before the AIS discussions
began. So all we need is to add the AIS CfP to this, and we
can re-send to the community soonest.

We also just need to ensure topics don't overlap. However,
the operational topics are clearly laid out already, so that
should help.

Mark.