[AISPC] Programme

Geert Jan de Groot geertj at nsrc.org
Sat Feb 16 12:41:28 SAST 2013

On Sat, 16 Feb 2013 11:28:42 +0200 Mark Tinka wrote:
> The only places where I think we can converge all parties
> are during the open plenaries, where there will typically be
> keynotes that impact all interested parties.
> After that, sessions can then breakout, even if there are
> other plenary sessions going on, e.g., AFRINIC PDP work,
> conference presentations of general interest, e.t.c.

>From what Patrick told me, we have 2 locations:
- The training facility which has classrooms but no big room, i.e.
  cannot have a single plenary keynote
- Hotel (TBD) where the plenary is held. Certainly big enough for plenary,
  keynotes, panel, etc but unsure if there are breakout facilities,
  and if they were there there would be additional cost, and
  do we have budget?
- Switchover evening. We'll move over from the training facility to
  the hotel, i.e. we can't use both since they are in different locations.

@ patrick, nancy, george: you have done the site visit, pls confirm if
this is correct so we can move on.

If this is the case, then we can draw a few conclusions and questions:
- No plenaries, keynotes etc during training facility days, but
  they are possible during hotel days;
- Does the hotel have additional rooms? At what cost? Do we have budget?
  If not, then there are no breakout possibilities, no need to discuss it.

Patrick has been teaching this week and is struggling to finish his report,
unfair to add pressure, but certainly George can answer this - he was
there too.

The prospective hotels promised me docs but then didn't send it - typical.

GJ