[AISPC] AIS program

Hisham Ibrahim hisham at afrinic.net
Tue Apr 9 16:34:25 SAST 2013

Hi George et al,

I see from the "AIS meeting plan 2" document that the days are chopped into 90 min sessions,

meaning a max of 3 ppts per session + Q & A.

I tried to bundle / mix and match some of the topics...

while we would normally go with our standard themes tech / IG / education...

I thought i would make sessions that address a little of each,

This is still a work in progress, I am not 100% satisfied with it yet

but if you think I am on to something please add your input / comments.

1) Infrastructure
Increasing the broadband penetration in Africa (proposal 1)
*Cable cuts and how African telecoms deal with it so that users do not feel a thing
Challenges of new IXPs  (proposal 16)
* Someone from AF-IX talking about the IXPs in Africa

2) DNS
.TZ experience with DNSSEC (proposal 2)
Mark Elkins DNSSEC (George, this in not in the abstract document ??)

3) Cyber Security
Cyber Security / law enforcement (proposal 2)
Trend Email Account Hacking / Take over  (proposal 8)
* Someone to talk about the DDoS attacks

4) Names
Les enjeux de la communication dans la gouvernance d'internet en Afrique (proposal 4)
dotAFRICA  (proposal 9)
Internet insiders info (proposal 17)

5) E- platforms (1)
Reality and complexity of E-Governmnet Implementation  (proposal 10)
Mobile Health for Benin (proposal 3)
The Role of ICT in the tertiary Education in Africa  (proposal 14)

6) E- platforms (2)
Mobile Health (Retinal Diseases) (proposal 5)
iSchool: Tablet-based e-learning (proposal 6)
Cloud Computing  (proposal 12)

7) Youth & social media
Social Media for SME's  (proposal 7)
Internet on business Agility  (proposal 18)
Youth participation in Internet Governance  (proposal 20)

8) Technical engagement
IETF  (proposal 13)
* darknet

9) Operators
Measuring Fixed and Mobile Broadband Netwrok Performance  (proposal 15)
Are African Operators doing the right choices  (proposal 19)

10) IPv6
Essential IPv6 for Sys admins  (proposal 11)
* Hurricane electric certification in French
* Afrinic IPv6 outreach

my 2 cents, if you think I am on to something here let me know
Hisham