[AISPC] AIS program

Hisham Ibrahim hisham at afrinic.net
Mon Apr 8 12:39:39 SAST 2013

Hi all,

Is it just me or are we a bit behind on schedule with the agenda?

The AIS website indicates there is 61 days left for the meeting,

that means that registration will be up soon (if not already).

I have seen the email from the Prof. dividing the ppts into different themes.

namely:

1) Cyber Security (2 ppts)
2) Technical / infra (8 ppts)
3) Governance / policy (3 ppts)
4) Buseines (3 ppts)
5) Application (4 ppts)
6) social (1ppt)

I would argue the following:

1) There are topics that I feel need to be touched on during the meeting namely

	- AF-IX (technical),
	http://www.af-ix.net/ ,
	we can ask Winston Ritson <winston at africonnect.co.zm> to give the presentation.

	- DDos (Cyber security),
	with the attracts that have happened in 2013,
	we can not not talk about it, someone from AFRICERT maybe

	- Cable cuts and how African telecoms deal with it so that users do not feel a thing, (technical / Infra)
	 http://bit.ly/14IS2zb ,
	Ben Roberts <Ben.Roberts at liquidtelecom.com> and / or  Mark Tinka <mark.tinka at seacom.mu>

	- IPv6 darknet experiment (technical / IPv6)
	https://labs.ripe.net/Members/mirjam/ipv6-darknet-experiment,
	Nishal Goburdhan <nishal at afrinic.net>

	- Hurricane Electric IPv6 certification in French (technical / IPv6)
	AFRINIC has been working on translating HE IPv6 certifications into french,
	we had planned to launch the certification and make people aware on how they can certify themselves and their infra to make sure it is full IPv6 capable.
	Martin J. LEVY <martin at he.net>

2) As for the categories above I would add the category 6 (social, 1 ppt) to category 3 (Governance, 3 ppts) making it 4 ppts.

3) I would add a new category (technical / IPv6) that would showcase the IPv6 work done in the region. (I can take lead on this and come up with a panel)

If we agree on these categories we can start ranking the ppts per category and as per the time budgeted for each category during the agenda.

My 2 cents and sorry for being late with these suggestions.
Regards
Hisham