[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Registration Opens for the first AFRINIC IPv6 & RPKI e-Deployathon 2022

AFRINIC Communication comms at afrinic.net
Wed Apr 13 08:13:01 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues,

AFRINIC is one of the two RIRs with IPv4 addresses in its available pool, 1,585,824 to be specific.

This available pool is grossly inadequate to meet Africa’s current IP address needs and makes IPv6 addresses the only way to sustain the growth of the Internet in Africa.

After almost a decade of training over 6000 engineers from 50 countries on IPv6,  we came up with an initiative we called a Deployathon back in 2018; a first of its kind.  The main objective behind running a deployathon was to reduce the time between learning about IPv6, and deploying or implementing it on a real network.

In 2020, we redesigned the event to allow us to run it entirely online.

Since our first Deployathon, 117 organisations from 29 countries in Africa accomplished 319 deployments KPIs. In 2021, organisations that participated in our online Deployathon were able to accomplish the following together.

27 route6 objects created
25 RPKI ROA objects created
17 IPv6 Prefixes were advertised
13 IPv6 address plans created in IPAMs

If selected, you will get the exact step by step guidance, tools and techniques we’ve perfected in 8 (e-)Deployathons and over 100 helpdesk calls towards your IPv6 deployment plans. We will help you move one measurable step forward in full accordance with your network change management processes.