[AfrIPv6-Discuss] FW: [v6ops] WGLC: draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-deployment-04

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Mon Apr 15 20:24:00 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm not very fan of this kind of message requesting support, but in this case, it seems I've no other choice to seek support for an IETF document.

I've been working in documents in order to facilitate the IPv6-only (with IPv4 as a service) support in Enterprise and Operator networks.

As a result, this document (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-deployment/) is a guideline for deploying NAT64 and 464XLAT.

This work got consensus to be adopted as v6ops WG item, however now in the "Last Call", sadly, nobody is responding, so it may end up as "wet paper".

If the list allows attachments, you can open the attached email and reply to all. Otherwise you can keep the subject,  and reply to "fredbaker.ietf at gmail.com" copy to "v6ops at ietf.org", with something in the line of:

"I believe this document is useful and should be published".

Ideally, if you also have time to contribute, either now or in the next few days/weeks (the process doesn't finish here, so new versions are possible) you can write any suggestions, what is missing in the document, etc.

Thanks !

Regards,
Jordi

El 10/4/19 2:38, "v6ops en nombre de Fred Baker" <v6ops-bounces at ietf.org en nombre de fredbaker.ietf at gmail.com> escribió:

    For the record, the question here is two-fold. First, is it correct and complete? Is there more, or less, that should be said? Second, are there operators -ISPs, IxPs, enterprise, or whatever, that consider this useful in their deployments?

    > On Apr 8, 2019, at 9:02 AM, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <jordi.palet=40consulintel.es at dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:
    >
    > Hi Ron,
    >
    > I'm not aware of any IPR on this document.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Jordi
    >

    > El 8/4/19 17:54, "v6ops en nombre de Ron Bonica" <v6ops-bounces at ietf.org en nombre de rbonica=40juniper.net at dmarc.ietf.org> escribió:
    >
    >    Folks,
    >
    >    This email initiates a Working Group Last call on draft-ietf-v6ops-nat64-deployment-04. WGLC will end at COB, April 22, 2019.
    >
    >    Authors,
    >
    >    Please respond to this message indicating whether you are aware of any IPR regarding this draft.
    >
    >                                                                          Ron
    >

    >    Juniper Internal

    > IPv4 is over
    > Are you ready for the new Internet ?
    > http://www.theipv6company.com
    > The IPv6 Company
    >
    > This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.

IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.theipv6company.com
The IPv6 Company