[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Next generation MITnet

Willy MANGA willy.manga at auf.org
Thu Apr 20 10:28:48 UTC 2017

What actions I'm fighting for ?

If it's on v6 adoptions AND usage, I will continue because that should
be the way forward.

On universities field where we are involved, from my point of view that
should even be mandatory. I will continue to say that there are no
reasons to not use v6 today (not tomorrow).

Concerning MIT statement it depends on where you stand. They will
migrate completely to v6 because they will not «have to worry about the
proliferation of smart phones, the Internet of Things, or whatever comes
next» . Our universities have to follow that path in my humble opinion.

Here in Cameroon, v6 networks work quite well in our networks (Yaounde
[1],Ngaoundere [2]) and we'll continue to push its development in the
region.

On the other side you may look after the business opportunity. But
that's not related to academic fields...

1.
https://ongola.blogspot.com/2016/05/utiliser-ipv6-au-cameroun-en-tant.html

2. https://ongola.blogspot.com/2017/04/routage-ipv6-ngaoundere-active.html