[AfrIPv6-Discuss] corporate apathy

Saul Stein saul at enetworks.co.za
Wed Oct 26 09:36:29 UTC 2016

HI

So after the last round of mails on this list, I emailed a friend of mine
who I know head up the IT/Security for a company in the US asking if he
makes use of v6 and if not, if he has plans to or why not and this was his
response:

"I am indeed in charge of 2 companies' IT in the US. We don't run IPv6 and
my guidance is to disable IPv6 on all devices and block it on the
firewall. The reasoning behind this is that IPv6 adds complexity and a
possible alternate communications route with no advantage that I can see.
If you can point me towards any business justification to use IPv6
internally then I'd be very interested, but I haven't been swayed by the
"because it's the right thing to do" argument."

I guess  this is a fairly standard response. So this is the perception
that we need to change.  The key being no ADVANTAGE.

Does anyone know of any short articles that have been produced to counter
this type of argument? Cases where 6to4 natting won't work etc?

Firstly to send to him and secondly, perhaps that is the kind of thing
that we need to tackle the business world with.

Kind Regards,

Saul Stein
Infrastructure Manager

t. +27 87 35 11 365

f. +27 21 425 4537
c. +27 82 908 5553
e.  <mailto:saul at enetworks.co.za> saul at enetworks.co.za

 <http://www.enetworks.co.za/> www.enetworks.co.za
PO Box 2534 | Cape Town | South Africa | 8000
 <https://www.facebook.com/eNetworksSouthAfrica>
<https://twitter.com/eNet_sa>  <http://www.linkedin.com/company/enetworks>

 <http://www.enetworks.co.za/>