[AfrIPv6-Discuss] NAT64 for Dual Stacking!

Fabian Jr afabbie at hotmail.com
Fri May 13 08:30:12 UTC 2016

thanks John,

let me do my homework too to see how best we can adopt your method as it adds no more expenses

best regards,

Arbogast Fabian,

cell:+255-78-447-8387

Date: Fri, 13 May 2016 10:01:32 +0200
From: jhay at meraka.org.za
To: afripv6-discuss at afrinic.net
Subject: Re: [AfrIPv6-Discuss] NAT64 for Dual Stacking!

Hi Fabian,

Our approach was to
deploy dual stack, so every router, server and host have an IPv6 and an
IPv4 address. So if something wants to communicate with another device
that have an IPv6 address, it will use its IPv6 address as the source.
If it wants to communicate with a device that have an IPv4 address, it
will use its IPv4 address as the source. If it wants to communicate with
 a device that have both IPv6 and IPv4 addresses, it depends on the OS
what is preferred.

That way we do not need NAT64. We will phase out IPv4 when it is not needed anymore for internet or local communication.

Regards

John