[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Call for contributions for IPv6 Deployment Guidelines for Africa region

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Sun Jan 24 23:32:44 UTC 2016

On 22 Jan 2016, at 14:46, Amreesh Phokeer wrote:

> DNSSEC and RPKI are currently considered as Initiatives
> (http://afrinic.net/en/initiatives
> <http://afrinic.net/en/initiatives>).

so is 6spots.afrinic.net (at least, that’s what the graphic on the top
of the front page says)   :-)

> Trainings given by the training department are instead full-fledged
> multiple days workshops, with a screening process etc.

i, for one, am very aware of the improvement in training services since
2009.  that’s not up for question here.

> When DNSSEC and RPKI would no more be considered initiatives but
> rather as an AFRINIC service, the training format
> will also change.

wait - are you implying that RPKI is not a “service?”     :-)
https://ripe70.ripe.net/wp-content/uploads/presentations/46-AFRINIC-Update-RIPE-70.pdf
  from your member services manager, says otherwise (slide #5), and
i’m sure the rest of the rir+ops community would take a dim view on
this not being a “service”  :-)

alrighty, so, i’ll stop trolling now :-)   except to go back to the
real point i wanted to make:  that there are people that would like
access to the materials on your “initiatives” or “services” or
“tutorials” (whatever you want to call it).  and that you’re doing
them a disservice (see my earlier comment about the multilingual stuff)
while you figure out a formal publication strategy.

“some”, is better than “none”.  you might not agree;  but your
needs (and mine) aren’t the ones being served here.
heck, create a “beta” section;  you have a beta testing list, after
all.  create a “community sponsored” section.  etc.
it’s really not difficult to solve this problem;  if you really want
to.

ttfn,
—n.