[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Call for contributions for IPv6 Deployment Guidelines for Africa region

Amreesh Phokeer amreesh at afrinic.net
Fri Jan 22 12:46:00 UTC 2016

SM,

> On Jan 22, 2016, at 4:04 PM, SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote:
>
> Hi Mukom,
> At 00:37 22-01-2016, Mukom Akong T. wrote:
>> AFRINIC only currently runs workshops around two topics (INRM and IPv6). We do tutorials around different topics (DNSSEC and RPKI being typical 1 day tutorials done by our R&D team and usually used to engage as part of their research projects.
>>
>> Before we put out training material on our training website, it has to meet criterial that the team has agree upon and for now that's not the case.
>
> Does the above mean that the training material used by AfriNIC during its workshops does not meet the criteria?

No.

DNSSEC and RPKI are currently considered as Initiatives (http://afrinic.net/en/initiatives <http://afrinic.net/en/initiatives>).
Workshops on those topics are actually intended to give an overview of the subject without going into much details (for e.g. no hands-on)
Trainings given by the training department are instead full-fledged multiple days workshops, with a screening process etc.
When DNSSEC and RPKI would no more be considered initiatives but rather as an AFRINIC service, the training format
will also change.