[AfrIPv6-Discuss] IPv6 adoption per country

SM sm at resistor.net
Sat Jan 23 09:42:01 UTC 2016

Hi John,
At 23:14 22-01-2016, John Hay wrote:
>AfriNIC's available IPv4 address pool or the available IPv4 address
>space in Africa is just a small part of the picture. Few people want
>to talk to themselves. That is pretty boring. Once organisations in
>the rest of the world can only get IPv6 address space and your
>clients or students want to communicate with them over the internet,
>browse their web sites, or whatever, and then cannot... What are you
>going to tell your clients or students? Sorry they use IPv6
>addresses, but don't worry we have enough IPv4 addresses, we will
>not run out? I doubt if they will be happy with such an answer.

The few persons I have talked to find the picture overwhelming or
unconvincing.  I had to explain to a government official that the
internet is not Facebook.  I'll copy this message to Logan as he can
confirm whether it is true or not.  I'll remind a few of my clients
of the advice I have given previously if they ask me about
IPv6-related problems.  A few reporters might call me for an analysis
or to verify the information they have been given.

I agree that a few people talking to themselves is pretty boring.  It
is a huge effort to discuss about that and it is currently not in my
interest to put in that effort.

Regards,
-sm