[AfrIPv6-Discuss] IPv6 adoption per country

Noah noah at neo.co.tz
Fri Jan 22 20:50:00 UTC 2016

On 22 Jan 2016 16:04, "Daniel Shaw" <daniel at afrinic.net> wrote:

> Hello again! :-)
>

> As far as routing goes, we also just keep everything the same. Where the
is OSPF, we do dual stack. Where there is BGP, we again do sessions in
both. Where there is the occasional static route, again, we do the two
equivalent ones.

Needless to say.....

> So to summarise:
> - Upstream providers we use are dual-stack.
> - We don’t do NAT, and have an IPv4 end-user assignment that meets our
needs.
> - Address planning is kept simple and standard - IPv6 /48 per site/ASN,
/64 per vlan.
> - Dual-stack everything everywhere all the time, unless simply not
possible.

There you go.....what you do with IPv4 ...do the same with IPv6. Even in
the biggest ISP enviroment, same fundamentals are applied....

Only change is the vendor specific config sythax....

> Daniel

Noah