[AfrIPv6-Discuss] IPv6 adoption per country

SM sm at resistor.net
Fri Jan 22 15:58:57 UTC 2016

Hi Amreesh,
At 05:31 22-01-2016, Amreesh Phokeer wrote:
>That could be envisaged by doing a membership
>survey. However, I don't think it would be very
>useful for an R&D department of an RIR to do
>qualitative research on the problems that are
>preventing members from deploying IPv6. The
>issues have been discussed extensively and we
>all know what they are: lack of business case,
>availability of IPv4, lack of interest from decision makers, etc.

If I were to say that the issue is a lack of
business case I would have to provide some
information about that.  That is also applicable
for lack of interest from
decision-makers.  Otherwise, it may sound like I
am repeating an answer which I heard outside the region.

Is there an analysis by AfriNIC regarding the
projected exhaustion of its IPv4 address
pool?  The document at
http://www.afrinic.net/en/services/920-analysis-future-ipv4-exhaustion
states that the exhaustion date would be April 11th 2014.

Thanks to Mukom for the explanation about the beta material.

Regards,
-sm