[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Call for contributions for IPv6 Deployment Guidelines for Africa region

Nishal Goburdhan nishal at controlfreak.co.za
Fri Jan 22 11:30:54 UTC 2016

On 22 Jan 2016, at 10:37, Mukom Akong T. wrote:

> Before we put out training material on our training website, it has to
> meet
> criterial that the team has agree upon and for now that's not the
> case.

whilst i may respect your adherence to quality control, i’m in general
agreement that half is better than zero …

(this is equally true for the arabic material that was translated by
volunteers, or for the portuguese ipv6 material that nic.br offered,
which used to be on the afrinic site, before the site was re-skinned.  i
am sure you can put a simple “disclaimer” about the publications, to
show that you haven’t QA’d them, eh?).

> Our certification initiatives  is about a standardised
> test/examination -
> which is still one of the best ways to reinforce learning. We've
> gotten
> lots of requests from our delegates for a "Certificate of Attendance"
> (we
> currently don't) but when we launch our certification platform, we'll
> be
> able to give people who need that something with global recognition.

i’ve said my piece on this, and, to be clear, i wasn’t referring
specifically to your certification plans (which i know nothing about),
but to those unscrupulous ones that see this as an revenue source.
perhaps you’ll be a welcome change.

—n.