[AfrIPv6-Discuss] Call for contributions for IPv6 Deployment Guidelines for Africa region

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 08:37:39 UTC 2016

> On 21 Jan 2016, at 5:38, Gmail Perso wrote:
>

> good luck with that;  at the mic in tunisia, i asked for afrinic to put
> their dnssec material online (from, you know, the many dnssec classes
> they’ve taught).  #stillwaiting.

AFRINIC only currently runs workshops around two topics (INRM and IPv6). We
do tutorials around different topics (DNSSEC and RPKI being typical 1 day
tutorials done by our R&D team and usually used to engage as part of their
research projects.

Before we put out training material on our training website, it has to meet
criterial that the team has agree upon and for now that's not the case.

> certification has always amused me;  especially when someone thinks that
> they can charge some ridiculous fee for a logo.  but i guess that as long
> as some gullib..^Wpeople are willing to pay, there will always be others
> looking to make a quick buck.

Our certification initiatives  is about a standardised test/examination -
which is still one of the best ways to reinforce learning. We've gotten
lots of requests from our delegates for a "Certificate of Attendance" (we
currently don't) but when we launch our certification platform, we'll be
able to give people who need that something with global recognition.