[AfrIPv6-Discuss] How to revive this initiative

Anthony Engelbrecht (JIREH) anthony at jirehtech.co.za
Thu Dec 3 18:00:49 UTC 2015

Maybe time to share.

We have peered our IPv6 now with a few other IPv6 enthusiasts, and am
glad to even confirm all our email servers talk native v6 as well with
other larger content and hosting providers, such as Google, Microsoft,
and many more, not even through a HE tunnel. One of our up-streams does
however use a Tunnel broker, however we are peering and having our v6
range re-broadcast by one of these up-streams.

Our entire office infrastructure, and even a few of our end-user clients
have been given access to v6, and its wonderful to install a plug-in
such as IPvFoo on Chrome or another on Firefox for example, and be able
to see when a site serves v6 or what any of the additional components
downloaded are being served on.

We have seen a strong growth recently in the number of v6 sites as well
as our sites are being migrated to dual stack currently for all our
hosted clients.

We still got a long way to go and maybe more work needs to be looked at
around 6to4 or 4to6, as well as pppoe client infrastructure setup to
support Dual Stack.

Well done to all that have already started. IPv6 has only been out for
more than 17 years, its about time we all started moving forward with it.

Regards
Anthony

On 2015-12-03 05:49 PM, Willy Ted MANGA wrote:

Regards
Anthony Engelbrecht
JIREH Technologies (PTY) Ltd. (I-ECNS 0350/APR/09)
Tel: +27 87 550-0248
Fax: +27 86 674-6388
Cell: +27 83 613-0033
mail: anthony at jirehtech.co.za
url: www.jirehtech.co.za
Messenger: anthonye at attunetech.com
Skype: anthony_attune
Post: Box 109, Sundowner, Gauteng, 2161, South Africa
Physical: 35 Orion Road, Sundowner, Randburg, Gauteng

e-mail disclaimer: The information in this e-mail (which includes any files transmitted with it) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. The contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses which could damage your own computer system. While ATTUNE Technologies has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk, we cannot accept liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You should carry out your own virus checks before opening the attachment. Copyright in this e-mail and any document created by us will be and remain vested in us and will not be transferred to you. We assert the right to be identified as the author of and to object to any misuses of the contents of this e-mail or such documents.