[afripv6-discuss] First tests with IPv6

Willy Ted MANGA willy.manga at auf.org
Tue Jul 14 06:52:53 UTC 2015

Hello Daniel,

Le 13/07/2015 10:36, Daniel Shaw a écrit :

>> On Jun 29, 2015, at 9:34 PM, Willy Ted MANGA
>> <willy.manga at auf.org> wrote:
>>
>> I read about «Ting'a ting'a » too but I got a forbidden page
>> when I tried the form at the end of this page [2] .
>>

>> 2. http://afrinic.net/initiatives/tinga-tinga
>

> Hi Willy,
>
> The form linked from the above is now fixed. However, I can also
> perhaps tell you a bit more about Ting’a Ting’a.

Thanks for the fix !

> First thing to note is that as per the link above, it’s targeted
> primarily at organisations rather than individuals at home

That's my case.

> [...] Second, AFRINIC currently only has one “POP” for Ting’a
> Ting’a which is located in Johannesburg, South Africa physically.
> To get an idea of how your connectivity to that network is, you can
> traceroute to our web server or whois server which are in the same
> ASN. You may find that you have better connectivity to HE,
> depending on how your upstream IPv4 ISP connects you globally.

Between HE POP in london and us there are 9 routers . Between Afrinic
and us 12 routers.
I think I will use HE tunnel only for the moment. And keep in mind I
may use Ting'a Ting'a later.
Thanks for your commitment :)

> You’re also most welcome to email me directly or post to the list
> if you are curious about anything else Ting’a Ting’a related.
>
> Regards, Daniel AFRNIC

- --
MANGA Willy Ted — Responsable technique régional
Afrique centrale et des grands lacs
Agence Universitaire de la Francophonie (AUF) | www.auf.org

Tél.Bureau:+237-222-23-97-45