[afripv6-discuss] First tests with IPv6

Daniel Shaw daniel at afrinic.net
Mon Jul 13 09:36:19 UTC 2015

> On Jun 29, 2015, at 9:34 PM, Willy Ted MANGA <willy.manga at auf.org> wrote:
>
> I read about «Ting'a ting'a » too but I got a forbidden page when I
> tried the form at the end of this page [2] .
>

> 2. http://afrinic.net/initiatives/tinga-tinga

Hi Willy,

The form linked from the above is now fixed. However, I can also perhaps tell you a bit more about Ting’a Ting’a.

First thing to note is that as per the link above, it’s targeted primarily at organisations rather than individuals at home

As you mention in subsequent mails about doing some DNS and http on servers and possibly some workshops too, I don’t think that’s an issue.

So, if you are interested, you can still get in touch. As mentioned, the web form is now working again. You can also request info/participation via email to tingatinga at afrinic.net

If you do so, a couple other things to keep in mind: First, it’s a fairly low usage service, to it’s still a manual set up from our end. One of my team or myself would add a config to the router we host for this and email you details for your end. So also pretty simple.

Second, AFRINIC currently only has one “POP” for Ting’a Ting’a which is located in Johannesburg, South Africa physically. To get an idea of how your connectivity to that network is, you can traceroute to our web server or whois server which are in the same ASN. You may find that you have better connectivity to HE, depending on how your upstream IPv4 ISP connects you globally.

You’re also most welcome to email me directly or post to the list if you are curious about anything else Ting’a Ting’a related.

Regards,
Daniel
AFRNIC