[afripv6-discuss] [Lighter Note!] - Proof that IPv6 Enthusiasm is not Religion

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 21:07:39 SAST 2014

> On 27 Jun 2014, at 4:58 PM, Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> The ipv6 autoconfiguration exposes around 6000 lines of code, which is
> a lot of code,
> if you compare it to the size of the arp code (approximately 200 lines
> of code).

Autoconfig from which codebase? Is it unreasonable to expect autoconfig to have more lines than arp which is actually more limited with respect to functionality ?

> The sheer complexity
> of IPv6 implementations raises quite a few questions about the
> security of IPv6.

The same can be said of any other complex mechanism.

> IPv6 implementors and spec writers need to think about auditing the
> IPv6 specs and codebases. Maybe it's time for KAME 2.0 :-)

Excellence isn't an act. I'm sure one way or the other, we'll get the protocol we want.