[afripv6-discuss] [Lighter Note!] - Proof that IPv6 Enthusiasm is not Religion

Mukom Akong T. mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 14:34:12 SAST 2014

During the last IPv6 session at the African Internet Summit in Djibouti, a
gentleman from Korea took to the phone to state that IPv6 has become a
religion.

Well, Andrew, Owen and a couple of others in the room were quite nice in
responding.

All the time I sat there thinking.... and I came to a conclusion: I know
for sure IPv6 is not a religion and this (that group of enthusiasts) was
not an IPv6 cult because. The reason I'm sure is that the gentleman was not
being lynched!

For it the group was indeed a cult, his statements would be considered
blasphemous and the response in pure religious fashion would have involved
some combination of pitchforks, fire, linking etc.  :D

Although I admire the courage it takes a lot of courage (or something else)
to walk into the midst of a religious cult in full session and openly speak
against their deity.

Keep calm and deploy IPv6 .... Sooner than later.

./shalom

--

Mukom Akong T.

http://about.me/perfexcellence |  twitter: @perfexcellent
“When you work, you are the FLUTE through whose lungs the whispering of the
hours turns to MUSIC" - Kahlil Gibran