[afripv6-discuss] Community involvement

Graham Beneke graham at apolix.co.za
Thu Mar 21 18:34:12 SAST 2013

On 20/03/2013 21:59, Hisham Ibrahim wrote:
> Also something I have over the past year is the ones most active in real life deployment and problem solving, are not necessarily the most active on mailing lists.

Guilty as charged. :-)

I have been running a fully *commercial* IPv6 network for about 2 years
and have had IPv6 in production for 4-5 years already. When all we've
got going on here is another talk-shop - I feel little motivation to get
involved.

I have assisted over 10 ASNs to get their IPv6 online and I am very
interested in discussing and debating the operational issue that active
IPv6 networks are experiencing.

When its quite apparent that many people are just interested in
theorising about IPv6 deployments without having tried it themselves.
When all people have to say is how difficult they're finding it - when I
know that in reality its not...

I have to say - I've lost any sense of motivation for this.

--
Graham Beneke