[afripv6-discuss] What have you done for IPv6 lately, since the 1st of January, 2013?

SM sm at resistor.net
Tue Feb 19 17:20:23 SAST 2013

At 05:50 19-02-2013, Guy Antony Halse wrote:
>So I am the customer who *did* ask my home DSL provider for IPv6.  For the
>very reasons expressed above I know I'm in the minority, which is precisely
>why I made a point of asking on behalf of those who don't know they need it.
>
>The answer I got was "we don't support IPv6 at the moment".  I asked if they
>had a timeframe for deployment, so I'd know when to ask again.  The answer:
>"we have no plans to support IPv6".
>
>Unfortunately I think this is very common.  There's a catch22 here...

There is content available over IPv6 now.  The IPv6 adoption rate for
South Africa is 0.46%.  The University of the Free State mentioned
that it switched to IPv6 last year.  www.ufs.ac.za is IPv4 only
though.  www.tenet.ac.za is IPv4 only.  whois.co.za is IPv4 only.

The above (quoted text) happens everywhere.  The presentations I saw
mentioned plans to deliver IPv6 in 2012.

Regards,
-sm