[afripv6-discuss] IPV6 issuse

Brice ABBA brice at afrinic.net
Thu Nov 29 15:07:18 SAST 2012

Hello Imadeldeen Ellazim

As per our previous phone call here is the place wher you can have more
inputs on your IPv6 issues..
Please do find inline my inputs

On 11/29/12 3:38 PM, Nishal Goburdhan wrote:
> On 29 Nov 2012, at 1:01 PM, Imadeldeen Ellazim Gmma Hamid <emadedeen at sudatel.sd> wrote:
>
>> In IPV4 there is a lack of numbers so the use of private IP addresses solve this problem , and when users need to log the Internet they must share limited numbers of global IP address, and due to this sharing we cannot know exactly  who is using the global IP address in a certain  time.   When we totally migrate to IPV6 and we know that in IPv6 we had a great numbers of IP addresses,
>> 1-     can we manage to a sign IPV6 to every user ?
> yes.
>
>> 2-     and this IPV6 address can be like his ID ?
> ...for the duration of his ability to connect to that network, yes.

According to what you want to address here IEEE had a draft that you may
want to read,
On this draft titled "A Multipurpose Global Passport Solution using
IPv6" in this IEEE draft, since every single
thing of this world can have at least an IPv6 address, why not consider
this possibility to assign and add an
IP to a given person... find more details here:

http://planet.infowars.com/technology/ipv6-coming-soon-to-a-global-id-card-near-you

>> 3-     and when he move from town to another town in my covered network can he use the same IPV6 address ?
> that's dependent on the network infrastructure, and business decisions made, on the network behind him.
> the right answer is maybe.  the more appropriate answer is: "probably not"
>
> hint:  because something is technically possible, doesn't mean it *should* be done...
>

>> 4-     If this user use his IPV6 address in criminal reasons , can we catch him and introduce him to judgments
> again, that's dependent on the underlying network infrastructure.
> in general, if you can do this now, with IPv4, you should be able to do the same with IPv6.
> because it's possible to have *unique* addresses in IPv6, it's potentially easier to do this in IPv6, than in cases where you are currently NATting in IPv4.

The IEEE draft above can also address this issue

>> Now you are here to discuss how to improve Internet which leading to the development in economic while other criminal persons and companies discuss how to improve undesired software and viruses to use them against the developing.  How we can stop them from doing that?
> that's not really an IPv6, or technical problem...  ;-)

Dear Ellazim,

Please join the following mailing list to learn more about Internet
governance and share your views on the same.

http://www.diplointernetgovernance.org/main/authorization/signUp?

You should also take part in this program:
http://www.diplomacy.edu/courses/IGCBP-foundation

> afripv6-discuss mailing list
> afripv6-discuss at afrinic.net

Regards

--
Mr Brice B. ABBA                     Tel:+225 08 607 228/+225 44 853 955
Trainer, AFRINIC                      Tel MU:  +230 9 415 549
brice at afrinic.net - (www.afrinic.net) SIP:brice at voip.afrinic.net