[afripv6-discuss] IPv6 in Africa

SM sm at resistor.net
Wed Jun 6 19:24:40 SAST 2012

At 06:20 06-06-2012, Kondwani C. Hara wrote:
>What do you think of the following article in the light of what I
>have posted a few days ago on security implications ipv6 might
>involve, and the recent development in the internet community,
>wikileaks, close down of several very public websites, and the protests.

[snip]

>Do you consider ipv6 is being deployed with this goal in mind?

The source of the article is
http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/the-un-wants-complete-control-over-the-internet-and-that-would-mean-unprecedented-censorship-taxes-and-surveillance

I wouldn't spend time thinking about the american dream.

The "close down" of several web sites have nothing to do with
IPv6.  The security implications of IPv6 is that it is a good way for
people to make money.  The simple answer is that the security
implications is nearly the same as for IPv4.  That does not mean that
if someone understands IPv4 security, the person automatically
understand IPv6 security.

>If the network is abused, can the abuse be easy to contain?

Yes.

Regards,
-sm