[afripv6-discuss] What are the benefits of IPv6 over IPv4

maina.noah at ipv6.or.tz maina.noah at ipv6.or.tz
Sun Jun 3 22:16:08 SAST 2012

> While direct communication seems a good idea, direct communication exposes
> devices to direct attack. Where NAT existed, it was easier to limit the
> attacks by opening up to the public only services that are accessible to
> the public.

The argument that v4 NAT kind of help limit attacks does not hold water.
NAT never limited attack, FYI, if the black-hat folks wanted to get in,
they would find all sorts of vulnerabilities to exploit and compromise any
network, whether public or private...

> The attacks on smartphones especially Android, seem to have been worse and
> difficult to manage due the little attention on security they might have
> received owing to the fact that its still work in progress.

Up until today, we all still work hard to try and mitigate viruses,
trojans, rootkits etc and any other form of attacks....

> Exposing these to the chainability of ipv6 is really a Security disaster.
> That's a big bug ipv6 has.

Well like i said, NAT, v4 or v6 is no excuse, you want security, harden
your systems, networks, devices etc.

> Kondwani.

./noah