[afripv6-discuss] What are the benefits of IPv6 over IPv4

maina.noah at ipv6.or.tz maina.noah at ipv6.or.tz
Sat Jun 2 18:09:06 SAST 2012

> Hi Kivuva,
> At 06:23 02-06-2012, Kivuva wrote:
>>If LIR incur costs to get allocated resources by RIR, why cant they
>>somehow try to recover their expenses by selling the resources?
>
> There isn't any prohibition on LIRs charging for the resources.
>
> Let's assume that the RIR is charging EUR 0.30 per IPv4
> address.  Some LIRs charge up to EUR 60 per IPv4 address.  Is that
> too much to charge to recover expenses?

If i was a customer i would refuse and tell the LIR to go away with its
services.

As a customer i am interested in the end product which is the service. So
charge me for say bandwidth, dns, web, email etc but dont charge me for
the mechanism by which this resources are delivered to me, so to speak,
the IP addresses that enable the service delivery.

> Regards,
> -sm

./noah