[afripv6-discuss] What are the benefits of IPv6 over IPv4

Kivuva Kivuva at transworldafrica.com
Sat Jun 2 15:23:23 SAST 2012

If LIR incur costs to get allocated resources by RIR, why cant they
somehow try to recover their expenses by selling the resources?

On 02/06/2012, SM <sm at resistor.net> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> At 01:24 02-06-2012, Mark Tinka wrote:
>>Everyone knows that an African ISP seeking IPv6 connectivity
>>to Europe is going to lead to the "local traffic global"
>>issue, again; and this is inevitable if we don't buck up.
>
> Yes.
>
> During a conversation with vendor X, it was mentioned that some
> hardware was donated for an IXP in country Y.  Vendor X then asked
> how are things in country Y.  It's easier not to answer such a
> question than to say that that country Y was only pushing around 256
> Kbits/sec through the IXP.
>
> Sometimes the problem is about money.  Sometimes the problem lies
> elsewhere.
>
> There is an "ipv6webinar" next week where Sonatel will talk about its
> IPv6 experience.
>
> ;; QUESTION SECTION:
> ;www.sonatel.sn.                        IN      AAAA
>
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> www.sonatel.sn.         259200  IN      AAAA    2001:4278:0:2::2
>
> The above looks ok.  The web server is not accessible over IPv6.  The
> IPv6 adoption rate in Senegal is 0%.
>
> Regards,
> -sm

Mwendwa Kivuva
For
Business Development
Transworld Computer Channels
Cel: 0722402248
twitter.com/lordmwesh
transworldAfrica.com | Fluent in computing
kenya.or.ke | The Kenya we know