[afripv6-discuss] What are the benefits of IPv6 over IPv4

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Fri Jun 1 20:09:35 SAST 2012

It make no sense to charge for the addresses, and it may be even contrary
to AfriNIC policies.

I will suggest the ISPs to look to this in an alternative way.

As more addresses (namely a /48) have each residential customer, easier to
develop, either by the ISP or third parties, new applications and
services, and this means more bandwidth demand, and even a small charge
for using some of those services, like remote surveillance, etc.

This is were the real business comes from.

Regards,
Jordi