[afripv6-discuss] What are the benefits of IPv6 over IPv4

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Thu May 31 18:05:41 SAST 2012

There is a _big_world_of_difference, and that is the ability of
maintaining global, open addressing. Keeping IPv4 will lead to the
creation of walled gardens, and where any to any connectivity is not
readily available. Also you can forget about geo location and other
aspects of the modern Internet where we've come to rely on the
hypothesis that one address represents one user.

regards

Carlos