[afripv6-discuss] The African IPv6 Task Force

Graham Beneke graham at neology.co.za
Mon Jan 30 16:08:17 SAST 2012

On 30/01/2012 15:44, Mark Tinka wrote:
> On Monday, January 30, 2012 04:18:03 PM Hisham Ibrahim
> wrote:
>
>> The general idea was to have people from the peering and
>> transit FG look into this due to the fact that it will
>> consist mainly of ISPs. However there seems to be a
>> bigger need / interest into looking into v6 equipment
>> (CPEs, DSLAMs...) by itself as a separate FG...
>
> I would be in support for this, as it is not always that
> case that folk who are good at peering are good at
> broadband, or vice versa :-).
>
> If for nothing else, having folk dedicated to this would
> certainly ensure it gets undivided attention.

This is pretty much what we've ended up with in the new FG areas:

One FG looking at core network (and interconnection) issues and another
one dealing with access network (and CPE) issues.

I really like Hisham's latest suggestion for the FG's. Provides enough
scope for each group to deal with their own unique issues without
spreading everything and everyone too thin.

regards
--
Graham Beneke
Network Engineer      | Neology (PTY) Ltd.
Skype: grbeneke       | Jabber: graham at neology.co.za