[afripv6-discuss] IPv6 In South Africa

Mark Elkins mje at posix.co.za
Fri Jan 13 21:49:22 SAST 2012

Ouch! - Shows what happens when one is off air for just 12 hours.

Posix and Neology both do native IPv6.
You can see by looking at http://peering.posix.co.za/ to see who has
active IPv6 peering at JINX - and cross-check that with SIXXS.

I have a number of machines on IPv6 (eg - peering.posix.co.za above is
on IPv6)

Telkom has IPv6 but does not provide this over aDSL. The only Broadband
IPv6 is via Tunnels.

If anyone can tell me different - I'd like to know - I'm on the IPv6
Governmental Taskforce.

Neology do a lot of IPv6 and have an aDSL interconnect - so *may* have
native IPv6 over aDSL - they are possibly the nearest folk to doing so.

I'm personally waiting for our (Posix) Fibre to the Home services before
offering further native IPv6.