[afripv6-discuss] IPv6 In South Africa

Ahmed Abu-Abed ahmed at tamkien.com
Fri Jan 13 15:23:13 SAST 2012

Hello Mark,

A Canadian firm, gogo6 Inc., makes IPv6 adapters that plug into any
IPv4-only modem (or home router) ethernet port and enables the home LAN to
be IPv6 ready with its own public v6 prefix. No change of modem required.

Here is a one minute video of a v6 adapter in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlvilK0PmCo

The ARIN wiki on IPv6 CPE explains how such v4-to-v6 adapters work and has
links to datasheets, see
http://getipv6.info/index.php/Broadband_CPE#Adapters

There is a free download software version of adapters that works on Windows
PCs; it essentially turns any PC on the LAN into an IPv6 adapter.

Best Regards,
Ahmed Abu-Abed
IPv6 Forum Jordan