[afripv6-discuss] mukom.tamon@gmail.com has shared something withyou

Mukom TAMON mukom.tamon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:42:37 SAST 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com>wrote:

> I beg to differ. Whilst short term objectives are integration and
> coexistence, the long term objectives are to get rid of IPv4 altogether.
> Coexistence introduces some weakness in the stability of the Internet, so
> the sooner we start the next phase, the better.

Aye ...however we want to word it, the ultimate (long term) objective is to
get rid of IPv4. It might take a long time (till the relevant applications
become IPv6 capable) but once that happens, running dual stack will not only
not make sense but also be expensive. That interplay of words might be
required to reassure naysayers and the conservative, but let there be no
illusions as to what the ultimate objective is, and more importantly people
shouldn't be led to believe that coexistence/integration is the end ... it
is not, those are only means to and end ... v4 out v6 in.