[afripv6-discuss] mukom.tamon@gmail.com has shared something withyou

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue Sep 29 14:14:22 SAST 2009

"Mohsen Souissi" <mohsen.souissi at nic.fr> wrote:

> On 29 Sep, JORDI PALET MARTINEZ wrote:
> | Hi Mukom,
> |
> | As we insist in the trainings, we need to understand the difference
> between
> | migration and transition.
> |
> | We aren't doing a migration on IPv6, but a transition and coexistence.
>                                              ^^^^^^^^^^

[...]

> ==> If you choose to be picky on words, and I can understand that
> especially when it comes to teachnig/educating, than you should and
> ban "transition", "migration" and "switching" (which is used quite
> often as well) and retain "integration" and "coexistence" (and maybe
> others to come) ;-)

I beg to differ. Whilst short term objectives are integration and
coexistence, the long term objectives are to get rid of IPv4 altogether.
Coexistence introduces some weakness in the stability of the Internet, so
the sooner we start the next phase, the better.
IMHO, once IPv6 is in wide use, IPv4 will wither away quite naturally, a bit
like horsedrawn carriages did when the carriage with a mounted explosion
engine became widespread.

Warm regards,

Olivier

--