[afripv6-discuss] IPv6 Magic --- New from Microsoft --- SecureDirectAccess end to end

Latif LADID ("The New Internet based on IPv6") latif at ladid.lu
Sat Feb 21 09:04:40 SAST 2009

Leo,

Fully agree. We should recommend dual stack firewalls to start with.

I should not have used too quickly email as an example. I should have just
stuck to access to the full home network:

"DirectAccess allows a Windows 7 client to have always-on/always-connected
experience to the corporate network without the need for a VPN. Where ever
the client goes (coffee shop, home, another corporate network, whatever) the
client will automatically connect back to the corporate network and allow
the user to access resources just like they were sitting at their desk."

As you mention, we should encourage this kind of interesting models for
others to investigate and create new ones.

Cheers
Latif