[afripv6-discuss] IPv6 Magic --- New from Microsoft --- SecureDirectAccess end to end

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Sat Feb 21 02:47:25 SAST 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009 08:31:59 am Latif LADID ("The
New Internet based on IPv6") wrote:

> I have asked many of them and building a VPN back to
> their server is not that simple for the many reasons you
> should know.

The effort involved in setting up this DirectAccess can also
be spent on setting up HTTPS-based corporate webmail systems
and/or IPSec/VPN remote access.

I don't see what DirectAccess provides that corporate
networks can't get today with v4 and decent user training.

Note that I'm not saying DirectAccess is not useful. I'm
just saying secure access to corporate networks, either via
a web browser or over IPSec, can also be done now. The
reasons that prevent this from being done today may very
well be the same that may delay corporate deployment of
DirectAccess.

Mark.