[afripv6-discuss] Configuring a 6to4 Relay in Cisco

Carlos Friacas cfriacas at fccn.pt
Thu Jun 21 13:53:04 SAST 2007

On Thu, 21 Jun 2007, Graham Beneke wrote:

> Carlos Friacas wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Just a small note: The number of available 6to4 relays improves the overall
>> performance of this transition mechanism.
>>
>> Is anybody really planning to deploy a 6to4 Relay in Africa soon? most of
>> available relays are in Europe (and also in Asia and North America).
>>

> This is definitely something that I plan to address in the coming months.
> However due to the scarcity of bandwidth it could be a while before it is
> available over anycast. From previous experience I think many ISP's would not
> announce the anycast through their BGP and only route the anycast on their
> internal network.

It would at least be good if the anycast route gets (through BGP) to a
local Internet Exchange [or NAP, using US terminology].

I mean, it only gets announced on local peerings, but not on transit
links.

> --
> Graham Beneke
> Apolix Internet Services

Cheers,

Carlos Friac,as                                            See:
Wide Area Network Working Group (WAN)                      www.gigapix.pt
FCCN - Fundacao para a Computacao Cientifica Nacional      www.ipv6.eu
Av. do Brasil, n.101                                       www.6diss.org
1700-066 Lisboa, Portugal, Europe                          www.geant2.net
Tel: +351 218440100 Fax: +351 218472167
www.fccn.pt
       The end is near........ see http://www.potaroo.net/tools/ipv4
  "Internet is just routes (217118/774), naming (billions) and... people!"

Aviso de Confidencialidade
Esta mensagem e' exclusivamente destinada ao seu destinatario, podendo
conter informacao CONFIDENCIAL, cuja divulgacao esta' expressamente
vedada nos termos da lei. Caso tenha recepcionado indevidamente esta
mensagem, solicitamos-lhe que nos comunique esse mesmo facto por esta
via ou para o telefone +351 218440100 devendo apagar o seu conteudo
de imediato.

Warning
This message is intended exclusively for its addressee.
It may contain CONFIDENTIAL information protected by law. If this
message has been received by error, please notify us via e-mail or by
telephone +351 218440100 and delete it immediately.