[afripv6-discuss] Configuring a 6to4 Relay in Cisco

Graham Beneke graham_bulk at apolix.co.za
Thu Jun 21 13:43:45 SAST 2007

Carlos Friacas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Just a small note: The number of available 6to4 relays improves the
> overall performance of this transition mechanism.
>
> Is anybody really planning to deploy a 6to4 Relay in Africa soon? most
> of available relays are in Europe (and also in Asia and North America).

This is definitely something that I plan to address in the coming
months. However due to the scarcity of bandwidth it could be a while
before it is available over anycast. From previous experience I think
many ISP's would not announce the anycast through their BGP and only
route the anycast on their internal network.

--
Graham Beneke
Apolix Internet Services