[afripv6-discuss] Configuring a 6to4 Relay in Cisco

JORDI PALET MARTINEZ jordi.palet at consulintel.es
Sun Jun 10 10:11:45 SAST 2007

Hi Herve,

In this case, I think the IPv6 prefix request must be done by the
University/organization instead of by a single department. I guess you're
not yet an AfriNIC member ?

Are you the network administrator for the full organization ?, otherwise,
let's get in touch with him to start the process.

Other issues to start working on this will be:
1) Who provides you the transit (one or several ISPs and which ones) ?
2) What routing equipment (and others) you have, including software
versions, in order to make sure that they support IPv6, or otherwise look
for alterntives ?
3) Do you have at least one public IPv4 address (it will be much easier in
case we need to arrange tunneling)?

Regards,
Jordi

The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org